Energy, its all around us. We feel it, use it and sometimes, can abuse it. It seems as if the world has slowed down these days, people have taken more time to be alone or with family or friends. But this doesn't discount the other side of this global pandemic... where does our physical health lie? Maybe you have been putting more time and energy into work, or maybe you started spending more of your free time exercising, or maybe you finally decided to start that major project you've always wanted the time to do! I Think all of these things are wonderful, and give us some peace and reassurance at this time. I also think however, the expectation of all this new found energy to do all these new, challenging things, can and may take a toll on the body in the form of stress.
The reality is, most of us do not even know when we are sick, too tired or too burnt out. Unfortunately, it isn't until the last minute, maybe even when it seems impossible to bounce back, that we finally take action on our health.
So, how can you tell when you might be burnt out? And what can you do to correct this hormonal imbalance? One theory, is Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome. Symptoms can include fatigue for no reason, unexplained weight gain, hair loss, body aches and lightheadedness. All of which, really do not touch on what the root cause may be and how to address it.
I have found through understanding what the right foods are, as well as, when to consume these, that my energy levels are now like night and day (thank god!). I also believe, this can really help to level out any hormonal imbalances in the body, which can also be caused by under or over active adrenals.
While adrenal fatigue is much to be debated about, suffering from lack of energy and high stress is very much real. Combating these symptoms through nutrition, may be helpful in increasing energy, balancing your weight and bringing hormone levels back to normal. Below are a list of foods that can be beneficial if you think you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue, or any form of lack of energy:
1. Celery Juice: Consume 16oz first thing in the morning, this helps with bloating, fatigue and skin conditions. 🌱
2. Apples: Beneficial for the liver, 3 per day if you can!🍎
3. Dates: One of the top foods for adrenal fatigue concerns, and are a great snack especially of you have a sweet tooth.🍬
4. Oranges: Help prevent cancer, help lower high blood pressure and protect against viral infections.🍊
5. Cauliflower: Protects the lining of the stomach which is beneficial for preventing bacterial overgrowth.🌳
6. Berries: Promotes healthy digestion and can relieve estrogen related symptoms.🍓
7. Bananas: Aids in weight loss and helps with any muscle fatigue or soreness.🍌
8. Cucumber: Extremely hydrating and helps eliminate toxins from the body.💧
9. Watermelon: Reduces inflammation and cleanses the entire body on a cellular level.🍉
10. Grapes: Contain high amounts of powerful antioxidants and are anti-aging🍇
There are many more incredible foods that can aid in supporting adrenal gland concerns but this is a solid list of some of the top ten. If you are in need of or are interested in learning more about healing foods for your specific health concerns, please feel free to reach out! I think health and wellness is the outcome of a beautiful balance of the mind, body and spirit.